Here’s a small video from Sony about how to get started with Xperia™ SmartTags using your NFC phone. Apparently you just follow the easy steps described in the clip. Sony Mobile have had these NFC SmartTags for a while now and are touting them as home, office and car accessories. For instance;
- Touch your home Sony Xperia SmartTag to turn on Wi-Fi. Launch news & weather app. Or turn phone sound on.
- Bedtime? Touch the bedroom Xperia SmartTag to mute your phone. Turn on its alarm. Or turn off Wi-Fi
- Hop in your car and touch its Sony Xperia SmartTag to turn on GPS. Or Bluetooth.
- You can even launch Google navigator.
- By using Android NFC tags you can start up one, two, all three tasks – or more.
Actually, not a bad idea – if you are fairly discipled about your everyday life (or anally retentive and like things just so). Here’s the clip so you can see the tags in action.
For further details; http://www.sonymobile.com/products/accessories/xperia-smarttags/