The Winners for the fourth annual Contactless Monkey Awards were announced on 14th April at the CMA Dinner, following the Contactless Intelligence Spring Conference.
The Contactless Monkey Awards are presented to those companies, organizations and retailers who have done the most to embrace and implement contactless technology into their day-to-day operating practices. These awards represent a real promotional springboard and give the winners a reputation and credibility for their efforts within the industry.
The competition was open to all implemented contactless applications within the relevant sectors, regardless of geographic region or size of corporation.
A reminder of last year’s Winners
- In Restaurant Dining – McDonalds (UK)
- High Throughput Beverage – Insomnia Coffee (Ireland)
- High Throughput Food – EAT (UK)
- Competitive advantage through technology – First UK retailer to implement contactless nationally with the latest Visa NFC specifications: McDonalds (UK)
- High Street Retailing – First EMV chip compliant NFC mobile payment trial in the Middle East: ViVOtech (Kuwait)
- Health / Lifestyle / Entertainment – NFC applications in the city of Nice (France)
- Public Concern (Local Government / Schools / Universities) – National ID card: NXP (Germany)
- Transportation – NFC Ticketing in Nice: Veolia Transport (France)
- Trailblazing & Innovation – EMV compliant mass transit initiative: Clear2Pay/ Keith Smith Consulting/ Techso (South Africa)
- The VISA PayWave award – Best Customer Experience – EAT
- The VISA PayWave award – Business Leader of the Year: Will Judge, Transport for London