This months prize for the winner of May’s Intelligence is a fantastic smartphone -controlled helicopter, and it’s easy to use. A brilliant idea allowing you to fly a helicopter using an app for your iphone, ipod, ipad or many android compatible smartphones. So just download the free App (Copter Controller) from the apple App store or Android market, plug in the included IR transmitter and away you go. You’ll instantly be top dog, and gain a huge amount of credibility as you pilot it around the office!
You can control it from your iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch and supported Android phones including: HTC – Desire S, HTC – Incredible S, Samsung – 9100, Samsung – i9000, Moto – MB525, LG – P350, HTC – Hero, HTC – Sensation.
The helicopter can be controlled Up/Down, Left/Right, Forward/Back, and thanks to the inbuilt Gyro this is pretty easy to do.
So, what sets this phone controlled helicopter apart from the competition:
- Controlled by your iPhone or Android phone!
- iHelicopter includes TURBO button for when extra speed is required
- Works with iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch and supported Android phones as below
- Controlled by traditional controls on the App user interface or with motion control (tilt your phone!)
- Phone controlled helicopter Approx 20cm in length
- Just download the free App on the apple App store and Android market
- App name: “Copter Controller”
- Quality feel to the product and packaging
- Innovative Gyro technology incorporated for amazing controllability
- i-Helicopter can be controlled in all directions
- Crash resistant material reduces crash damage
- Spares included in the pack and extra spares available if required
- No extra batteries are needed (big saving over traditional remote control helicopters)
- About 9 minutes flight time per charge (charges from the included USB cable)
- iPhone helicopter charge time: About 25-30 minutes
- Recommended for ages 14 and above
- Android phones supported: HTC – Desire S, HTC – Incredible S, HTC – Wild Fire, HTC – Wild Fire S, HTC – Hero, HTC – Sensation, Samsung – 9100, Samsung – i9000, Moto – MB525, LG – P350
- More Android Support being added every day
May 2012 – Test your Contactless Intelligence!
So now we’ve wet your appetite we should give you the questions, right? Here they are (and very, very easy, they are too!). If you want to enter the competition you will have to go to our Facebook page where we have a microsite to handle processing and submission of your entry. Don’t worry, all the questions are there too – and a handy ‘submit’ button! (Answers in BOLD)
1. What does NFC stand for?
- Not For Consumers
- Next Field Communication
- Near Field Communications
- Near Factor Communications
- Nano Formidable Compression
2. Which country won the Contactless & NFC Country League 2012
- United Kingdom
3. Which MNO announced the UK launch of their mobile wallet on the 26th April 2012
- Everything Everywhere
4. For which company does the winner of the 2012 Visa payWave Business Leader of the Year award work for?
- Visa Europe
- Transport for London
- Google Wallet
5. What’s the name of the contactless stickers that Barclaycard launched in the UK in April this year?
- Barclaycard Tag2pay
- Barclaycard PayTag
- Barclaycard QuickTap
- Barclaycard PayTap
- Barclaycard Stickers