>> NOW CLOSED<<
UPDATE>> Competition Winner! The winner of November’s THE INTELLIGENCE is DAMIEN MOUBECHE . Congratulations, Damien, we’ll be in contact soon to ship your prize over.
This quarter’s sponsor of THE INTELLIGENCE is Samsung Semiconductors – the prime supporter of the OSPT Alliance. And take a look at the picture on the left to see what you can win each month from October to December this year!
Now let’s look at the subject matter for this month’s INTELLIGENCE quiz.
Membership of the OSPT Alliance
The OSPT Alliance welcomes technology vendors, transit operators, government agencies, systems integrators, mobile device manufacturers, trusted service operators, consultants, industry associations, and others wishing to participate in the organization’s education, marketing, and technology development activities and to contribute their experience and creativity to ongoing development of the CIPURSE™ standard.
As of December 2011, the Alliance included the four founding technology company members – INSIDE Secure, Giesecke & Devrient, Oberthur Technologies, and Infineon – and Samsung Semiconductors, Watchdata, Ecebs, and SmartTrac. Transit operators include the Open Ticketing Institute (Netherlands), UTI (India), and NSB (Norway). For a complete list of current members, see www.osptalliance.org.
Organizations that are involved in the OSPT Alliance have a time-to-market advantage in the development of products based on the CIPURSE standard. They also benefit from the organization’s evangelism and marketing efforts and expand their network of contacts within the transit ecosystem.
Only full members of the Alliance are allowed to submit products for certification or sell CIPURSE-certified products. A full member certificate is required to initiate the certification process. In addition, only current members are permitted to mark products with the CIPURSE and OSPT trademarks, and only current members are allowed to leverage the Alliance’s marketing activities.
The CIPURSE open standard provides an advanced technical foundation for developing highly secure, interoperable, and flexible transit fare-collection solutions. It is built on a foundation of proven standards, including ISO/IEC 7816, AES-128, and ISO/IEC 14443-4 for securing multiple payment types.
The CIPURSE standard:
- Stimulates innovation and market opportunities for developers
- Supports more secure, flexible design and deployment alternatives for transit system integrators and consultants
- Fosters a broad range of cost-effective, interoperable transit fare-collection solutions
This month, as last month, we are giving away a new Galaxy S3 from Samsung every month, and who wouldn’t want one of those? To get one, all you have to do is answer five simple questions – the answers are in the article above (we don’t want to make it too hard!)
And so on to the questions; (03.12.2012 – Answers in Bold)
Q1. Who can join the OSPT Alliance?
- Technology vendors, transit operators, government agencies, systems integrators, mobile device manufacturers, trusted service operators, consultants, industry associations, and those who can contribute relevant industry experience to develop the CIPURSE standard
- Anyone engaged in manufacturing and distributing public transportation vehicles
- Only technology companies engaged in Mobile Wallet development
Q2. Who belongs to the OSPT Alliance?
- European Union member states
- INSIDE Secure, Giesecke & Devrient, Oberthur Technologies, Infineon Technologies, Samsung Semiconductors, Watchdata, Ecebs, SmartTrac, The Open Ticketing Institute (Netherlands), UTI (India), and NSB (Norway).
- The entire population of Australia.
Q3. Why should an organization join the OSPT Alliance?
- To get a time-to-market advantage in the development of products based on the CIPURSE standard.
- To increase their game play at Grand Theft Auto
- To benefit from corporate free travel on public transportation within the European Union
Q4. What level of membership is required to sell a CIPURSE certified product?
- Standards Body
Q5. What is the CIPURSE open standard?
- The CIPURSE open standard provides an advanced technical foundation for developing highly secure, interoperable, and flexible transit fare-collection solutions.
- A golf competition held in Florida every three years
- A mobile wallet application only available on the Android platform
Feel like entering? No problem. You can either use the Facebook entry form or simply send us an email using the form below.
In the main message section simply put the question numbers and the right answers in the email e.g. Q1-3, Q2-1, etc…
Easy. You will then be added to the prize draw and your chance to win a fantastic SAMSUNG Galaxy SIII.
- Software Development Kit (SDK) for CIPURSE Standard Now Available from OSPT Alliance.
- Samsung Demos first OSPT spec compliant app.
- Explaining the Open Standard for Public Transport (OSPT) Alliance
- GUEST POST: OSPT and Samsung – a partnership gathering speed
- OSPT Alliance opens resource centre for CIPURSE developers
CIPURSE™ is a registered trademark of the OSPT Alliance