The following is a draft agenda and may change slightly closer to the time of the event.
DATE: 6th July 2016
LOCATION: URBAN INNOVATION CENTRE, One Sekforde St, London, EC1R OBE
09:30 INTRODUCTION & WELCOME
Contactless Intelligence introduces the roundtable and the key players who will be speaking that day as well as the topics and afternoon discussion subject.
Moderator: Ram Banerjee, Transaxiom
09:45 THE UK CARDS ASSOCIATION
Speaker: Ian Shayler
- Contactless statistics – how contactless is becoming more important in peoples’ lives?
- Projections for cash usage over the next six years
- Why UK Cards and its members are working together with the charities industry?
- What have we done so far?
- What is the Contactless Charity Donation framework?
- Next Steps
10:05 THE CHARITY PERSPECTIVE
Keynote: Cancer Research UK – Paul Weaver
DEC – Matthew Warnock-Parkes
Save the Children – Sarah O’Connor
Sue Ryder – Jenny Garden
The Big Issue – Simon Mott (The Big Issue seller)
- Does the Charity donation model work for everyone?
- What impact will contactless have on charity donations over the next few years?
- What is happening in the charity donation innovation space?
- How could/should contactless donation branding be handled?
- Now that donations are digital, how could/should the data be utilized?
- What is the Charity sector looking for from the ‘payments industry’ / stakeholders?
- How should we engage with the smaller charity segment to spread the word?
11:30 NETWORKING COFFEE BREAK
12:00 THE TECHNOLOGY PERSPECTIVE
Keynote: Creditcall – Rob Fox
Gareth Batten – Barclaycard
Christian Delord – Ingenico Group
Andrew Forsyth – iZettle
- How is the vendor community getting behind contactless charity donations?
- What solutions are available for charities – do we need more innovative propositions?
- How can we make the donation process more engaging?
- What impact does Gift Aid have?
12:40 NETWORKING LUNCH
13:40 CONTACTLESS DONATIONS IN ACTION – UNATTENDED
Comic Relief – Nigel Matthews
National Gallery – William Shaw
Mary’s Meals – James Wood (Earnest Labs)
- Moving beyond active collection, Charities still need to have unattended collection points.
- Are there lessons to learn here from active contactless collections?
14:20 THE VISA PERSPECTIVE
Speaker: Nick Mackie
An update on progress of charity donation work and clarification on existing rules
- What can the cards industry do to encourage more card payment donations?
- If we had a waiver for contactless only terminals in the UK, what opportunities does this enable?
14:35 NETWORK DISCUSSION
Discussion on different payment models for POS infrastructure.
15:00 WRAP UP
- A challenge for all is how to turn rhetoric into action?
- How do we report back / update the round table on developments?
- Who is not here today that would benefit from the cross industry collaborative work we are engaged in today?
- How can we get the contactless charity donation message out more widely?
- What are the next steps?